cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Customer Service & Update on Phone

jaspreetmann
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

2 weeks prior to making a call, I had tried to contact Fido. I was on hold for 40 minutes in total just to get hung up on when the customer representative did not hear me. I figured perhaps there was an issue on my end, so I called 4 other friends and they said they could hear me fine. I decided to call Fido again, and same thing - they hung up on me. 

This last Tuesday, I called to ask whether I was eligible for a phone upgrade as my contact was up. The customer representative assured me that I was and I specified that I would like to get the iPhone 13 Pro Max. He went through the down payment etc, payment options and then said that other people received a promotion and that I had to pay $700ish for my phone now. I told him that was not the case and I could get $0 down payment online. This clearly shows that they do not know what they were doing.

1 REPLY 1

FidoSaira

Hey @jaspreetmann,

I am sorry to learn your experience was not a positive one on the phone, and I hope we can turn that around here on the Community.

The upfront payment required for a phone depends on a couple of factors such as your credit score, your eligibility for promotional offer etc. If you saw the phone was available $0 down online, it probably means that you were targeted for a specific offer. Which is great! 😊Such offers are based on your overall account tenure with us and are subject to change.

Were you able to upgrade your device?

Did you still need help with that?