Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling on LG G6 not working

pbmm
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi there,

I have been trying to figure this out myself but I can't get it to work. I am trying to setup wifi calling on my LG G6. I have set it up before on my LG G4. I did all the registration yet it does not work. I am able to set it up and switch the wifi calling under the phone setting. BUT when testing it in airplane mode while connected to a wifi network, it does not work instead it prompts to turn off the airplane mode.

Any ideas?

16 REPLIES 16

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @pbmm

Could you try the onboarding process while connected directly to the Fido network? 

As in disabling Airplane mode and the Wi-Fi and trying again? Let me know if you notice a difference! Smiley 

pbmm
That's how I did it all the time. Tried it again but still doesn't work.

Were you able to use it in Airplane Mode with your LG G4m, @pbmm?

pbmm
Yes. I also can't see the wifi calling icon in the notification bar unlike the G4.

Hmm, do you still have the G4. Can you try if it works in G4?

Anyone else in the Community with an LG G6 who can help OP?

Let us know!

pbmm

Did a factory reset again on my phone. Wifi calling seem to be fixed now. Thanks everyone. 

abitong2
I'm a participant level 3
If i were to do this, you think it would matter i am not within service area?

Hey @abitong2

To set up Wi-Fi calling, you do have to be on the Fido network in order for the registration to the service to go through.

Once it's set up, then you can even use the service while travelling! Very_Happy

I hope this clears it up, let us know if there's anything else.

abitong2
Ive tried it to connect while i was in the service area, but when i come to work it doesnt turn on

@abitong2

Any error message on your end when you try to connect to WI-FI calling from work?

abitong2
No error messages, it jus simply womt turn on.

pbmm
@abitong2

That's what I was experiencing before. The factort reset seemed to have fixed it BUT after the phone being on and idle (like at work), reconnecting to wifi calling doesn't work until I reboot the phone. Quite annoying but I cant find a better way.

Thanks for confirming @abitong2!

When setting it up, have you been on the Fido network and on Wi-Fi? It would be required in order for the registration to go through.

Also, is the LG G6 you're using purchased from Fido?

Let us know Smiley

abitong2
When i set it up, i was in my wifi area and calling zone. My phone is fido, but i bought it from the best buy

@abitong2

Let's check your account together to make sure you have everything in place to use the service.

I'm sending you a PM now. Talk to you soon.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Glad to hear it's up and running! Smiley