cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling and Volte not working on samsung note 10 plus

Adi20
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus Indian version and both Volte and wifi calling are not working on my device, for wifi calling an error comes says your device is not supported. How can I activate both of these? I have a postpaid connection and an lte sim.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Adi20,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, since the device was purchased outside of Canada, I'm not sure whether those features will work. While Wifi-calling might work with some grey-market versions of devices (Canadian versions not purchased from Fido), it's rather unlikely that any versions other than the Canadian version will be provisioned for Wifi-calling. Even though you do not have a Canadian version (SM-N975W; see here), you might consider contacting customer service to see if your version is supported for the service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. However, there is no guarantee that Wifi-calling will work on a non-Fido Android device.

While the requirements for voLTE provisioning are less stringent, you might also need to contact customer service if it isn't already working on your device. Again, there is no guarantee that voLTE will work on a non-Canadian version device.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers