cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Calling stopped after 30 days

aydin111
I'm a participant level 2

hello! I'm outside of Canada for 2 months and been using wifi-calling service in Argentina since my day 1 here. Today, after exactly 30 days of usage, it stopped working for no reason and when I'm trying to turn-on "WiFi Calling" button on my phone it says that for my first activation I have to be in an area with mobile coverage.

How is that possible? It was working for 30 days and then stopped and it says that I need to reactivate it? 

7 REPLIES 7

Confusedhere
I'm a contributor level 3
I'm a contributor level 3

Wi-Fi calling on the Rogers/Fido network has always been hit or miss ever since it's inception more than 10 years ago. (2013). 

FidoStephane
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Good day, 

There was a ticket opened for this earlier today, but has since been resolved. Everything was back up and running at around 1pm EST today. 

We apologize for the inconvenance. 

aydin111

hmm. thanks! but not working yet! I will contact customer service again

Rosen2020
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Me too.  In BC and have used it for approximately 2 years.  I've tried reinstalling twice with no luck.

Jake57

My WiFi Calling has stopped this morning after working fine for the last 3 years.  I tried to turn it back on 3 times with no success.  Is Fido having a problem at their end?  My location is Niagara Fall, Ontario.  Samsung Galaxy S21.

Jake57

Started working all by itself again.  About 2 hours ago.

duncanmcleod77
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

My wifi calling has also stopped working suddenly and have not been able to reactivate it.

I'm in BC on an S20FE phone bought and paid for through Fido.  Been using this phone on wifi calling for 3+ years.