cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't Fido allow customers to change order from delivery to pickup??

elijahjbitting
I'm a participant level 3

Ordered iPhone12 mini on Nov 29. I chose to have ohone delivered as it said 2-5 days. I'm an hour drive from nearest Fido store with mini in stock so I figured I would save a drive. Now a week later I just got an email saying nothing but that the phone has not been delivered yet. I called customer support multiple times asking why I cannot change order to pickup and would VERY MUCH like to do so but they REFUSED to help in any way no help offered. Service is outsourced and agents obviously don't give a **bleep** about the callers. So I could have picked the phone up last Saturdaqy but Fido won't let me change my order from delivery to pickup even though the phone has not yet been shipped. No flexibility no care for customer! Terrible service

4 REPLIES 4

elijahjbitting

UPDATE:  I decided to call one more time. This was my 4th time calling to ask basically the same question and I'm still not even sure why I called back again but I had a feeling the earilier reps were BSing me and just being lazy. SURE ENOUGH. I got through with a nice lady in Ontario who solved my issue in 5 minutes. She said no problem to cancel and reorder since I'm intending on porting in my existing phone number (from another carrier). Other reps either didn't know that or didn't bother to care enough to give it to me as an option.

So I guess there is hope for Fido's service yet. Although I'm still not encouraged by the "average" level of service. 

Hi there @elijahjbitting , I know how waiting for a new device is an anxious making event. I would suspect that once your order is processed that it goes to a fulfillment centre and the customer service representatives no longer have the ability to change or reroute your order. One option is to get one from your nearest Fido store and refuse the shipment when it arrives or when you get the notification of delivery. That will add another charge to your credit card until it gets credited back when the device returns to the fulfillment center. If that is an option for you, then it could get your device to you sooner. Just a suggestion,  cheers 

elijahjbitting

Thanks Lucy - the frustrating part is that I suggested doing exactly as you suggest on my first call to their support. I got a 0 down plan so there isn't even a CC charge to worry about but service rep siad they have a policy where they won't allow you to order a new phone for 2 weeks after refusing an order or somehting like that.

Hi @elijahjbitting I didn't know that. Sorry that it's a frustration for you. Those supply chain shortages are really messing up a lot of things. Hope it shows up soon. All the best