Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why voicemail number different than my phone number

Sha4
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi

Could u please tell me why my voicemail number different than my phone number as I noticed my voicemail number and my phone number were same before. And when I press 1 to listen to my voice message the note prompts on my screen saying  " number changed by sim 647 839 9169" and this is not my phone number whose number is this? as I didn't change my sim number and my account should not connect to any other person account,  I also noticed sometimes I do not receive calls and later on it shows that my contact called me at such time .please advise me what to do. Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sha4,

Welcome to the community!

Generally, the Voicemail Retrieval number is not the same as your phone number. However, you can access your voicemail using your phone number if you're calling from a different device. That phone number (647-839-9169) is one of Fido's Voicemail Retrieval phone numbers for Ontario (see here). That said, Fido's voicemail system was recently updated so all of those phone numbers might not be active anymore. You can find additional information regarding voicemail here.

Calls are automatically forwarded to voicemail when your phone is off, on airplane mode, Do Not Disturb mode, or when you’re outside of the coverage area (no service). When you did not receive calls, it's possible your phone did not have adequate reception at the time of the calls.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers