Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does condo intercom go directly to voicemail

Maisie1
I'm a participant level 2

Why does my condo intercom go directly to voicemail?  I have pixel4 phobe6

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @kytrangho , you mentioned that you just received your phone and didn't block any numbers. If you are using the same SIM and number in your new device,  check the phone settings in your phone app and see if it was a previous block that transferred over. Stranger things have been known to happen 

kytrangho
I'm a participant level 1

I am having the same problem. Calls from the intercom in my building go straight to voicemail. Can you please troubleshoot given my answers to your questions? 

1. Do incoming calls from any of your contacts go straight to voicemail as well? -- No. I receive other calls just fine.
  2. Do you have the Do Not Distrub mode enabled on your device? -- No. I receive other calls just fine. I even tested this in the lobby and had my husband call me to make sure my phone was ringing. 
  3. Have you confirmed the number calling your when you're buzzed and if that number is blocked on your device? -- No. I just got my phone and have not blocked any numbers.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Maisie1

There could be many variables causing this. A call going straight to voicemail could mean that your phone has no service at that point in time or the number is blocked.

That said we could narrow it down together:

1. Do incoming calls from any of your contacts go straight to voicemail as well?
  2. Do you have the Do Not Distrub mode enabled on your device?
  3. Have you confirmed the number calling your when you're buzzed and if that number is blocked on your device?

Let us know!

Maisie1

Thanks for your response.  I figured out that I had accidentally blocked the number some time back when I was getting a lot of spam calls!!  I've unblocked the number and it's working just fine!😀

miclo

In my building we have its an auto dialer buzzer, you must give your telephone number to your super indendant and when someone buzzes you, the buzzer will place an actual phone call to your number but mine just goes to voicemail and I never receive the call unless the person leave a voicemail.

How can I reslove the issue?

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @miclo,

I've moved your post here since it talks about the same troubles you're experiencing. 

Check out the solution above and let us know if any of the suggestions / scenarios apply to you. If not, keep us posted and we'll take it from there.