cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Can't I Order A Phone Online?

coraga
I'm a participant level 3

When i am logged in and try to order a new phone Fido's website just tells me to call Fido but f i call Fido i will have to pay a $35 activation fee for my new phone. Does anyone else have a problem ordering a phone online? new or used?

7 REPLIES 7

thePoodleFarmer
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

My suggestion is ---- CALL.

Nothing is guaranteed.

I added a line for my wife to my account over the phone in June with the super friendly FIDO people. And Patrick was able to find a code that gave me a $35 credit to my account that offset the activation fee. netZero

The next day a SIM showed up by courier, and that evening she had her 6S with LTE service from FIDO.

At the end of the call they always ask "Is there anything else we can do for you today?"

And I always ask if they can give me a free month. And every single time it makes them laugh. So I put a smile on someone's face, even one once a day. It's a start.

People are flexible, and creative in finding solutions. Intelligence without the Artificial.

🐩

coraga

Buddy its 2019 you should be able to order a freaking phone online... whats the problem here? why can't i?

thePoodleFarmer
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

it is 2019. You can order a phone online. It's fast, and easy, and you get a good phone. there is a $35 fee .

That is the way the new economy works. not much different from the old way- you can have it cheap, fast or good. Choose any two.

Old school me always goes for cheap and good. So I phone, sit on hold for 2 minutes, talk to someone nice who really wants to help for 10 minutes .. save $35. if you make $175 an hour, ($350k a year) then use the convenience of online ordering and you are pretty much square.

i don't guarantee you will get the same offset. Sometimes you have to turn up the charm dial. Computers are like Spock. Live long and prosper.

🐩

coraga

You still don't understand the question so please don't answer.. WHY CAN'T I ORDER A PHONE FROM FIDO'S WEBSITE?

thePoodleFarmer
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

dunno.

I just went through the 6 stage process online to order a new phone for my account and bailed at the payment screen and it all worked just fine to there. I don't really need a new phone. 

and ordering online I get the $35 activation fee automatically waived.

Weird that it works when I use the Shop tab.And it doesn't work for you.

Hopefully a Mod will see this and help you out. I tried. Didna work.

coraga

Thanks now i know it works for other people. 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @coraga!

Ordering a phone via Fido.ca should definitely work as long as you're eligible to do so. And to clarify, ordering a device on Fido.ca does not generate a $35 Setup Service Fee.

If for any reason you aren't eligible, that error can come up. Some reasons can include blocks on the account, past due balances, or that your last upgrade was too recent. It can also happen if the order would bring you over a credit limit that's set on the account or if the system recognizes an error with your address.

We'd love to get it resolved though and figure things out for you! Sending you a PM so keep an eye on your inbox here on the Community!