cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While upgrading phone on FIDO, no text plan is shown

Arif01
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I am trying to upgrade my phone on FIDO website, but while i have chosen a new different plan, it shows the data plan and its price, it shows the unlimited canada wide minutes and its 0$ price, addons 3 voicemail and its 0$ price, but it does not shows unlimited text and its 0$ price, ........in fact, during the configuration steps, it didn't shown any option for text messages or picture messages etc.  So, i am afraid, if i upgrade to new phone, i will lose my existing plan which is good considering it includes unlimited text.

Or, is there a glitch with FIDO that it doesn't show text messages options whiel configuring upgraded phone plan.?1.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Arif01,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I am aware, all of the current plans (except Tablet plan) include:

Text.jpg

~taken from here

Since text messaging is included with all plans (except Tablet plans), that could be the reason there are no options to select the service. I understand that there is an option for Voicemail even though the basic version is $0. However, that could be to allow customers to choose their preferred voicemail language. Aside: Are you aware that you had chosen the French version for voicemail? I believe the French voicemail is selected by default and not all customers are aware of that fact and later request a change in language.

If you would like further verification, you would need to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps ðŸ˜€

Cheers