cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the myphonenumber@sms.fido.ca for?

falion
I'm a participant level 1

20230413124647.jpg

My questions:

1. How does this email come out? I didn't apply it, included in plan? what's the charge?

2. How to access this email, some kind of portal like "mail.google.com" to check Gmail? I sent message to this email address, bounced back, say "no such domain name"

3. May I just changed it to gmail as used at other parts of "FIDO my account", when update the MFA settings, just "ON/OFF", no email change option.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

gcweiss

It's a stand-in for the email, for customers who still use a phone number login. It's not a functional email address. 
If you log-in and update your username to your email address instead of your phone number the MFA settings will update and show your email address. 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @falion,

Login to your account on fido.ca then go to My Account Profile and you should be able to update the email address there it's under username you can also update/add a recovery number there also.

MonsieurCool

Where? Screenshot please. I can't find a way to change it. 

Hello MonsieurCool,

Welcome to the community!

You should be able to change your email address via your My Account --> Settings --> Contact & Billing --> Update email (orange arrows).

Email1.jpg

Email2.jpg

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Ahda
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

This might not work sometimes. For me to change the MFA email address I actually had to go to "My Account profile" and change "Username", a bit counter-intuitive but by changing username from phone number to my email address, it updated my MFA email.