cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What makes iPhone such a great device?

WickyLeBlond
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I want to know, what makes people love the iPhone so much? Yes there are the ridiculous ammount of apps, but other then that? What makes a person want an iPhone more then a Blackberry or an Android? I personnally have a Blackberry and am also a big fan of Android, so I'm trying to broaden my horizons since the people I work with aren't big iPhone fans (actually, they hate the iPhone). So what do you guys think? Why would someone choose the iPhone over Blackberry or Android?

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

I've never been a fan of BB and I live and work surrounded by RIM and their employees. They feel very utilitarian. I want a device I enjoy using. If it was only for work, then I would probably go with a BB. Android seems too fragmented to me. I read to many stories of people buying devices that are immediately obsolete and incompatible with the newest or next OS update. Also, while I appreciate the openness of the platform, it someways that is a turn off. There is something to be said for consistency. I like knowing that any app I download will work with my device and was designed with my device's screen, resolution and capabilities in mind. Everything seems integrated. Everything seems to fit. Everything seems made to work with and for the device (except their notifications system...it sucks badly). In a word, the iPhone and iOS is more polished.

Android always seems like it is a work in progress, almost like the famous google perpetual betas. It almost seems experimental. Whereas BB always seems to far behind the cutting edge. BB doesn't seem to have any 'fun' to them.

If I were to ever switch, it would probably come down to HP webOS, Android or Windows 7 Phone, in that order. 

WickyLeBlond
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

That makes alot of sense. Thanks. I'm looking forward to getting some more comments from iPhone users 😃

Note: Not a big fan of webOS. It's pretty, but as far as fonctionality is concerned, I found it really deceiving. I sold a few Palm Pre when I worked for Bell and played around with our demo Pre alot, but overall, it was quite a let-down to see how limited the phone was compared to all the hype that was built up around it. Heard good things about Windows 7 phones, but haven't tried it and I'm not really a big Microsoft fan.