cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the letter 'E' means in the upper top corner?

beauty0077
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Can anyone explain me why I am getting an 'E' in the upper top right instead of an 'G3' or 'G4' or 'G' ?

I never had this problem before. I recently swithced from carrier (Rogers) to Fido (new). My cell is a G4 Phablet and i when to Fido to ask about it and they dont know why.

What is the 'E' stands for? The speed of the WIFI from Fido is not very fast and it takes like forever to search data. 

What is the band of the fidointernet.ca ? The APN of the phone is set on fidointernet.ca .

Could any one explain me and how to get the phone on G3 or G4?

According to the Google 'E' is G2, which is very slow and going to be outdated. 

What is the band Fido is running on? is it on 850MHz ??

2 REPLIES 2

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @beauty0077

Try out @Cawtau's suggestion and keep us posted Smiley

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Beauty0077,

Welcome to the community!

beauty0077 wrote:...What is the 'E' stands for? The speed of the WIFI from Fido is not very fast and it takes like forever to search data. ...

The E symbol you're getting denotes Edge -- the data protocol on the 2G (GSM) network. To clarify, Wifi is used to connect your device to a local area network (LAN) and is not used for mobile data. That said, if  your phone is showing E, data transfer on the 2G network is rather slow.

beauty0077 wrote:...What is the band of the fidointernet.ca ? The APN of the phone is set on fidointernet.ca ....

If your device is LTE-capable, it should be using ltemobile.apn. You can verify the proper settings here. Switching to the proper APN should allow your device to use the other networks -- providing your device has the compatible bands/frequencies.

beauty0077 wrote:....What is the band Fido is running on? is it on 850MHz ??..

Fido does use 850MHz as one of its frequencies on the 2G and '3G' networks. You can view the other bands and frequencies used here

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers