cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Happened to FIDO?

jquiroz1987
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I Have Never Been So Disappointed Before.  I’ve Been With Fido for OVER 10 Years, Recently I Was Approached by Rogers to Join Them,  But Im Currently Under Contract with Fido.  Long Story Short I Pay Fido $105.00 Plus Tax a MONTH and was Offered the Exact Same Plan for $67.50 Plus Tax.  The Customer Service Rep at Fido Said He Understood Where I Was Coming From but Could Nothing NOT EVEN TO MATCH BUT ADD A DISCOUNT NOTHING I Was Transferred Over to a Manager Who Said the Exact Same Thing.  She Went as Far as to Tell Me If I Wasn't Happy I Could Cancel My Plan and LEAVE.  That’s 10 Years of Appreciation Folks I Just Want to Make People Aware BeCareful Choose Wisely.  ROGERS is the parent company and offer great plans and services as well I’m Counting the Days for my Contract to Come Up and Make That Manager Happy Because I WILL BE LEAVING and Hopefully NEVER GET TREATED LIKE THIS AGAIN.  I FELT DISRESPECTED AND UNAPPRECIATED  a Loyal Client Should NEVER be treated this way I would have been FIRED if I ever gave a client the option to walk before pulling all ends to help SO DISAPPOINTED

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jquiroz1987,

Welcome to the community!

I understand the frustration of paying for something and then finding it cheaper somewhere else. However, are you sure you're comparing similar situations?

If you're currently on contract with Fido, then you're subsidising a device. The amount you quoted includes that subsidy. On the other hand, Rogers likely quoted you their No Tab price -- ie does not include subsidy -- for a similar plan. Fido also has plans which do not include subsidy. They call them Bring Your Own Phone  (BYOP) plans. In either case, you would need to finish or buy-out your contract before you can avail of a No Tab or BYOP plan.

While I cannot be certain the price Rogers quoted you was for a No Tab plan, it does seem likely. If you compare current No Tab and BYOP offerings, Rogers is generally more expensive for similar plans. They have always been the pricier of the two.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoSaira

Hey @jquiroz1987

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!  

I totally understand where you're coming from and I am truly sorry to know that you feel unappreciated, it's definitely not the experience we wish you to have with us. I do want to assure you that we never want any of our customers to leave us, especially someone who has been with us for such a long period. Thank you for that!

We do everything we can to keep our customers, however we can only offer what we have available. Our price plans are not tailor-made. 

It's also important to understand that while Rogers is our sister company, our products and services differ from one another.