cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waste of time contacting Fido service. Switching out after 25 yr of loyalty

canuckfin
I'm a participant level 3

After being a Fido customer for almost 25 years, this is the time when I really felt the company don't care and don't value customer loyalty. Despite in the website saying "CONTACT FIDO BEFORE CANCELLING YOUR SERVICES" and that they "...A quick call might be all you need to stay. We want to exceed expectations by providing you the best products and service. We never want to see you go, so we’d love to have the chance to make things right.", all this is a lie.

My promotions were over two months ago so I am paying $50 for 4GB. I am not a heavy data/mobile user. All I really need is 2GB a month. Freedom Mobile is offering 2GB for $30 and 6GB for $35. I was naive enough to contact customer services. Not only he doesn't care, he says what I see in the website is what I get. Essentially he's tell me to take 1GB for $35 and that's the final. Then he rushed (twice) asking if there are anything else he can help before closing the call. 

It is so disappointing and felt stupid just to contact. Advise to everyone, don't bother contacting Fido service. Just leave when you see a deal cuz Fido don't value loyalty.

14 REPLIES 14

canuckfin

Will do, though I don't expect to hear anything from Fido Services. 

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @canuckfin 

Don't desesparate :), your situation will be resolved Smiley

Have a nice one Smiley

canuckfin

Thanks. It'll be interesting to see what they offer. To be honest,  I wouldn't expect any messages or calls from Fido services.

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi canuckfin Sad

Sorry for the service you got, that not what fido want. Normally, fido offer greats service. Smiley I suggest you to chat with an agent on Fido.ca and ask for a supervisor to explain your case. I think semeone in your case will help you, and you will be happy. I think a supervisor can make you an better deal, and a great offer for your need, you don't need to leave Smiley

Have a nice one :), it's been a pleasure to assist you today Smiley

Can you make me a follow-up (reply) from your situation after please? Smiley

canuckfin

@khouya Unfortunately, no dice. Tried again this morning and spoken to Kevin (apparently he's also @FidoKevin in this forum). He said: "Supervisors are here to make sure we're doing our job. They don't have acess to different offers. They wouldn't take an escalation on pricing unfortunately. I'm fully equipped to offer you the best offers we have, there are no other secret offers. "

Kevin suggested that based on my usage, he has "... a 35$ 1GB plan that would be sufficient based on your recent usage, it would be 15$ cheaper trhan what you're currently paying. But you would not be able to get a new phone on this plan. "

I said this is the same plan the rep yesterday offered and what is offered online. For $35, I could go to Freedom for 6GB.

At the end, I've been told "I understand your position. We've made you the best offers we've had, both yesterday by phone and today by chat. All we can do on our end is give you those offers, it's your decision whether you choose to accept these or go with another option elsewhere.", so I guess I will be making the switch this weekend and the 25 year relations with Fido comes to an end.

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi  @canuckfin 

I feel very bad for you Sad

Sorry Smiley Have a nice day.

Hello Canuckfin,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you are not happy with the offers available to you.

@canuckfin wrote:

...For $35, I could go to Freedom for 6GB...

I understand that offer from Freedom might seem like a better deal, however, make sure you're comparing similar services. Freedom Mobile is a regional provider. That fact is highlighted by their limited services on what they call Freedom Nationwide (ie roaming on other networks). For example, that particular plan you note does not allow for data usage when outside of their coverage. Even their Big Gig plans have drastically restricted data allotment on other networks.

On the other hand, Fido offers Nationwide services. That is, you can use the full allotment of services anywhere in Canada. While there are some limitations in areas of extended coverage, you are generally not restricted to a smaller allotment.

I am not trying to sway your decision in any way. Only you can decide what option is best for your needs.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

canuckfin

@Cawtau I totally understand that. Just the fact that I don't travel and remains pretty much in the Greater Vancouver area, I don't need anything nationwide nor out in rural areas. 

Hello again,

Fair enough. As mentioned, only you can decide what services suit you best.

Cheers

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

@Cawtau 

Hope this situation is resolved. Smiley

Have a nice weekend.

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @canuckfin 

Have you tried too to contact Rogers, to see if the big Rogers brand can make a price for a plan? Switching from Fido to Rogers, can keep you as a rogers brand valuable customer for a long time to keep your relationship with the brand, and i think you can try. You will get same network with 5G.

Fido is LTE 

Rogers is 5G

Have a nice one Smiley

canuckfin

Thanks... but then, what's the benefit to be loyal and keeping the relationship? As experienced, there isn't. Besides, Freedom is 4G LTE. Also, I could go to ShawMobile

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @canuckfin cc: @FidoStephen  

Sorry for this situation Sad , i completely understand. I think it's impossible that nobody can resolve this case, your relationship with Fido is since 25 years you say. I think someone from Fido can really help you and offers a deal that match your loyalty and makes you happy. Cause Fido, wants happy customers. I'm currently a user of Fido and i'm happy, you should be happy too. I think this situation will be resolved?  I don't know if Fido offers it but i've you asked for the 35$ 3GB CRTC PLAN? Here the link about it: https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/occa.htm

I don't know if Fido offers it or it's only for Rogers, but u could try. I do my best to help you Smiley as a fido user, iv'e tagged @FidoStephen to help you. I think this could be the last solution to help you staying with Fido with your 25 years loyalty.

FIDO APPEAR TO OFFER IT:

plans.png

Have a nice day Smiley

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

@canuckfin cc : @FidoStephen 

Make me a follow-up (reply) if  your case is finally resolvedSmiley

Have a nice day Smiley