cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was supposed to get $50 bill waiver in my third month but didn't

KunalJ
I'm a contributor level 1

I took the newcomer plan and my first time with Fido, was told that tere is this scheme where I would get a $50 off my bill in the third month but now I have been charged. I vaguely recollect also getting emails that I was referred. Now am not sure why I was promised the waiver but still charged for it. How should I go about claiming what I was offered to begin with?

3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @KunalJ , the customer credit for a referral or something else usually shows on the 3rd billing but can be sooner or later. I would suggest that if you were told you would receive it after 3 months with Fido, that you would look for it on the 4 invoice. Just my interpretation and your best bet would be to contact Fido customer support by calling *611 from your device or contact fidosolutions on Twitter or Facebook. They would be best equipped to answer all questions. Cheers 

KunalJ

Contacted support today and they informed me that I need to contact store about the fact that I was promised the setup fee reversal in the third month and also confirmed that they can see a referral applied to my account so the 4th billing cycle will be be free as long as I don't exceed the usage that comes with my plan. Well, can't go to the store now as am traveling and won't be able to take it up for months with them. No point.

Will look into getting my number converted to prepaid or just temporarily suspend it.

Hey @KunaIJ! The information you were given is correct: if a store offered to waive the activation fees, they have to enter the right code in the system. If you still need help with your account, don't hesitate to contact us.