cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Red Dot Notification

Rick99
I'm a participant level 2

I am a new FIDO customer with an iPhone XR. How do I set up receiving the voicemail red dot notification? I used to get it when I was a Rogers customer. I tried google search but was unable to find a suitable answer. 
Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8

pinter
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Is this for real? I have to pay $7/month to actually get a functional voicemail box???

Hey @pinter

Welcome to the Community! 

All our current plans include the mini Voicemail as a free built-in feature. This provides you the option to receive and manage up to 3 messages at a time, they can be saved for up to 3 days.

If you receive several voice messages and need to keep them for longer, you can also get our Premium Voicemail-To-Text feature which is included in a $7 value pack that combines the voicemail and a couple other features. You can check out more information on this here

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Rick99,

The Visual Voicemail service comes with additional features compared to the regular Mini Voicemail that's included in our plans, and can be added as part of our Value Pack for an additional fee. You can learn all about those differences here.

Hope this helps clarify. If you'd like to add the feature, you will need to get in touch with Customer Service and we'll be happy to help!

Rick99

Hi,

I don’t have iPhone visual notification. Sad that FIDO charges for someone to see the red dot, which notify’s a user that they have a voice message. This should be a free feature that they provide for all voice mail users. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Rick99,

Welcome to the community and Happy New Year!

Firstly, when you set up your account, did you choose voicemail for iOS or voicemail for android?

Fido plans come with regular voicemail (see here, under voicemail). As far as I am aware, you would need to have the iPhone Visual Voicemail in order to get the Red Dot (see here). Do you have the iPhone Visual Voicemail add-on?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Rick99

Thanks for your answer. I’m surprised that Fido charges for the red dot visual notification. Sounds like a rip off to me. 

Hello again,

They're not charging for the red dot notification, they're charging for Visual Voicemail which uses the red dot notification.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hey @Rick99,

As @Cawtau mentioned above.

They're not charging for the red dot notification, they're charging for Visual Voicemail which uses the red dot notification.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers