cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE/WIFI-CALLING/LTE, Not Working

roooster
I'm a participant level 2

I've been having nothing but troubles with Fido since I've switched, I did call support (two separate phone calls) - each an hour long. Still nothing and since I didn't purchase my device from Fido there is not help. 

I own a One Plus 7 Pro and none of the following features are working: VoLTE/WIFI-CALLING/LTE. I've configured the device APN settings, the phone cellular signal settings and everything. I only get a 4G signal and it goes to H+ 50% of times as well.  

With my other sim card I can get LTE, VoLTE, WIFI CALLING, everything with my other carrier but yet nothing with Fido.

If anyone else has experienced the following and figured it out please let me know otherwise I'll most likely be cancelling my service with Fido. 

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Roooster,

Welcome to the community!

While Fido have recently allowed certain grey-market (ie Galaxy devices newer than S8) to use those services on the networks, I am doubtful that voLTE and/or Wifi-calling will be available for devices which have not been tested on the networks (ie OnePlus, Oppo, Xiaomi, etc).

@roooster wrote:... I only get a 4G signal and it goes to H+ 50% of times as well.  ..

I understand that some phones differentiate 4G and LTE. With those phones, 4G would represent the '3G' network using the HSPA+ protocol. However, if your phone shows H+, then the 4G symbol would represent the LTE network.

Which version of the OnePlus 7 Pro do you have? Is it the North American version (see here)? If it isn't, it's possible the phone does not have all of the compatible bands/frequencies. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

Was your other provider a Canadian provider? I'm not aware of any Canadian provider supporting voLTE and/or Wifi-callin on devices not offered in their line-up (ie not tested). If it was a Canadian cellular provider and you used to maintian LTE (4G) signal at your location, you should note that the cellular towers for the different providers are not necessarily located at the same places. There can be slight variances in the coverages between the providers -- even within cities. You can get an idea of your surrounding cellular towers here.

**edit** Also to verify, I understand you configured the APN, however, is your phone using ltemobile.apn? Since the phone is LTE-capable, that is the one it should be using. You can verify those settings here. **

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

roooster

Yes it is the GM1917 (NA Version) 

I am able to get VoLTE, and LTE symbol with both Bell and Telus on my device. 

The apns are set to the following that you mentioned as the second I installed the sim it went to that. 

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. That's interesting as OnePlus does not appear to be a compatible device manufacturer on either of those networks. In fact, OnePlus support have stated that they haven't partnered with any of Canadian providers to get voLTE to work (see here and here).

You could try technical support to see if they can provision the services for the device (see here). You should note that it may not be possible with your device. The phone that community member used was a different version of an approved device.

To which network does your phone state it's connected when the 4G symbol shows? You should be able to view the network under SIM card status. If your phone is showing both H+ and 4G, it still suggests 4G refers to LTE. I understand you were seeing LTE with the other providers. However, unless your phone is arbitrarily switching H+ and 4G symbols to represent the '3G' network using HSPA+, it's switching networks '3G' to LTE.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers