cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very loud outgoing call volume with Home Phone

mike613ottawa
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I'm having the issue with my voice being VERY loud on the other end, and a slight amount of echo (probably more like reverb - like talking in a stairwell) reported. This occurs with testing using multiple phones. I just activated it a few days ago. I have tried multiple locations (even at various addresses) all with full signal strength. My Fido cell phone has always sounded great on both ends, and never had this issue. I have tried swapping SIM cards between the two devices, and still have the problem only with the Home Phone. 

Is there a known fix for turning down the outgoing volume on the Wireless Home Phone? I can't help but wonder if the "echo" is because the volume is so loud, that it is resonating through the handset from the speaker down to the mic.

I am tempted to perform a full factory reset of the device by dialing *983*3284#

I need this resolved before I bite the bullet and port my number over to Fido Home Phone. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @mike613ottawa

You can control your home phone's volume directly from the handset you're using.

With that said, your home phone device has 2 ports in which you can plug in the handset. just to confirm, are both ports being used at the moment?

We would suggest using only one port, and if you haven't had the chance yet, try switching to the other port. Also, is your home phone located to other devices at home?

Let us know!