cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VICTIM OF FRAUD: no help from fido!!!

twominutetommy
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Someone updated my email address to a different one, ordered a new phone and plan on my account and had it shipped to some random address. My credit card company alerted me that my monthly fido bill was higher than usual (by like $200!) and I logged into my account which is when I noticed the fraud had occurred. 

I called fido and spoke for an hour with someone who started a claim and said the fraud dept would contact me within 48 hours. It's now been NINE DAYS and every time I call fido they just tell me they can't transfer me to the fraud dept and I should just wait! Even though a new billing cycle has ended and I was charged a second month for this phone and plan! All the while the fraudster is still using the phone!!!  

FIDO WHY WON'T YOU DO SOMETHING!!????

1 REPLY 1

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @twominutetommy,

I'm really sorry to read about the situation you've been through. Rest assured that privacy and security are our main concern and we have many security measures and privacy practices in place to protect our customers.

I see you reached out to us on Facebook, you can get back to us there if you have further questions.

Cheers!