cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless long-distance voucher

Feral1
I'm a participant level 3

I don't have a long-distance plan, so I bought a Fido voucher. There's a pin number, but no number to call to enter it. After hours of searching the Fido site and getting frustrating non-answers from customer "service", I've gotten nowhere. Customer "service" did tell me I could place my call while I was on the line with her for a charge of $5.00. Rip me off once, shame on you. Rip me off twice, shame on me. So, no. I have an important call to make, and this voucher is useless. I will be cancelling my Fido service and will deduct the cost of this voucher from my final bill. What a scam.

6 REPLIES 6

Feral1

I've looked and I see no way to add the prepaid option to my plan. I would choose this option but in all the irrelevant (to me) information, there is no way that I can see to do this. Any suggestions? Last chance for Fido.

Hello again,

It is not possible to add a pre-paid option to a post-paid plan. You could add a new pre-paid line to your account. Alternatively, you could migrate your services from post-paid to pre-paid. You should note that there is a migration fee to do so. I believe the fee is $10 (see here). You should note that if you wanted to switch back to a post-paid plan, you would likely not be able to get the same plan you have currently.

If you are interested in migrating your plan to pre-paid, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

.Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Feral1

I'll be going with the cancellation option. It's outrageous that Fido doesn't allow me to just add prepaid long-distance calls. Oh well, another Fido customer lost.

Hello again,

What ever you choose to do is up to you. However, you should note that none of the other providers would have the option to add pre-paid long-distance to a post-paid plan. It's either pre-paid or post-paid plans, not both. I also don't think any of them offer services which function like calling cards.

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Feral1,

Welcome to the community!

What type of plan do you have? If you are getting bills, that suggests you have a monthly post-paid plan. If you do have a post-paid plan, you would make your long-distance call from your line as normal. If you don't have a long-distance plan, you would be charged the regular rates for that call. You can view the rates for long distance here (under Long Distance; View preferred International rates).

On the other hand, if you have a pre-paid plan, you can still make the long-distance call as normal. However, the call many not go through or may end unexpectedly if your account does not have sufficient funds.

You should note that the vouchers are only for pre-paid plans. The vouchers are for account top-ups. Fido does not offer vouchers for long-distance. If you do have a pre-paid plan, you can redeem the voucher by following the instructions below:

voucher.jpg

~taken from here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Feral1

I do not have a prepaid plan. It looks like I'm s.o.l. Actually, Fido is s.o.l. because I will be cancelling my Fido service and deducting the cost of the voucher from my final bill. I'm not paying to get ripped off. I used to buy phone cards. They were plastic and had a number to call before being asked for my pin. I can understand wanting to do away with plastic, and thought this was the alternative. If Fido can't do any better than this, they can do without my business.