cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading my phone

Ccx
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Called in for upgrading my phone as my friend got the offer off full financing his new iPhone. I called to to seek for the same promotion. First person I spoke told me it's impossible, while the person next to me actually did. 

Called  back a few days later as I really wanted to upgrade my phone and stay with Fido who I have been 17 years.  I asked if it was possible. The agent said we will try and we will see if the promotion is possible. That I have to change my plan as it is BYOD so I did change it. Didn't confirm the price, read me the contract just said once it gets approved you will get a confirmation. 

I realized later that I didn't get the confirmation for the plan changement. Called in and the agent said    that the wrong email was in. That the contract was approved as requested. She would make a request to get it re-sent at the correct email which as been the same since I opened the account.

I logged into my account and realized that the contract was approved but not on the agreement we discussed. 

called in for the third time, we realized that the request was denied. The phone was shipped so I can't cancell the order and I will have to accept and return the device.  The agent tried his best but had limited knowledge and there seems to a customer the unability  to speak to a supervisor/ customer relation agent. 

I very disappointed that first seems nobody really knows their services. Second I wasn't asking for a free phone or extreme discount just to follow competition with a 17 years old account and offer a promotion that actually exists.  Third  wasting your time and my time for hours to sort out something that should be the simplest thing to by a phone. 

yes I was offered a 120$ discount for appeasement  if I keep the phone since I spent 5h over the phone. The problem is that I don't want any discounts I just want the phone fully financed and speak to a customer relation manager. 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ccx,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with the upgrade. Was the promotion to fully finance that iPhone available on Fido.ca? If not, it's likely your friend received a loyalty offer. You should note that loyalty offers are not necessarily available to all customers. The system would likely take many factors into consideration when determining customers' loyalty offers. Your situation and usage habits etc would likely be different from your friend so you would receive different loyalty offers. Unfortunately, if the system does not provide that particular loyalty offer on your account, customer service cannot offer it to you.

If you would like to further discuss your situation, you will have to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers