cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsatisfied customer

bluejean
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My contract and agreement ended with Fido in September however they continued to charge me the same for 6 months as though I were still paying for a phone.  My monthly fee should have been adjusted accordingly.  I called them today to have my bill adjusted accordingly.  They would not give me any compensation for 6 months of over paying gouging the customer.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Bluejean,

Welcome to the community!

Since your contract ended recently, it would have been under a subsidised plan. With the old subsidised plans, the cost of devices was incorporated into the plan costs (ie Large, Medium, etc). Since the subsidy is incorporated into the plan, it is not possible to simply remove the subsidy. As such, your plan does not automatically switch to a BYOP plan at the end of a contract. It remained your previous plan, should you have wished to subsidise another device. If you did not wish to subsidise an additional device, you would have had to switch to a BYOP yourself.

That said, you should note that Fido recently switched from their subsidised plans to a financed Payment Program. With this new model, the cost of devices is separate from the plan costs. Under the new model, once a contract has ended, there would no longer be any monthly financing fee for a device. If you choose to finance another device, you would need to add the new monthly financing for that device. You should also note that the older subsidised or BYOP plans might not be compatible with the new payment program model.

Unfortunately, since your contract was with a subsidised plan, there would be no reduction in monthly payment at the end of your contract. In addition, there would be no compensation if you didn't switch to a BYOP plan once your contract had ended.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers