cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited International calls

876_Tan
I'm a participant level 2

Fido, please update your plan information on the website to indicate that UNLIMITED INTERNATIONAL CALL is only to a few countries. Your website misinformed me and I enrolled in a plan thinking I could call anywhere in the Caribbean. Now I have to pay over $300. You had several other opportunities to share such important information, but it was only mentioned in an attachment with several pages. Why isn't this information on the website? Why wasn't it included in the body of the email under the plan details? I am overly disappointed. Please do better. 

3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @876_Tan , sorry to read that you had unexpected charges for international calling. I believe that when you select the add on it has an asterisk to let you know that information is detailed below. In the details you will find full disclosure as to which countries qualify. I understand that most of us don't read the fine print or detail and can get caught after the fact. I normally use what's app or Facebook messenger to call my friends in Europe or Caribbean. If you desire to speak to someone regarding the plan you can call *611 for customer service for further discussion. You can also use any other ways to contact Fido's support at www.fido.ca/support 

876_Tan

Hi,

Thanks for your response. It wasn't an add on. It came with the plan, and nowhwere on the website it made mention that it was selected countries. If an asterisk was there without a doubt I would have looked into it. I had a previous plan that I was okay with. But I changed to this new plan because it offered 1000 mins to USA and 1000 mins international call. Just the same way Fido listed USA on the website, they should have noted that it only applied to selected countries. I also use Whatsapp and other social media platforms, but I opted for international mins because I needed it. 

Hello 876_Tan,

Welcome to the community!

@876_Tan wrote:

... I changed to this new plan because it offered 1000 mins to USA and 1000 mins international call....

Thank you for the additional information. I didn't think Fido offered any unlimited International calling plans or add-ons. Sorry to hear you were not aware of the specifications of that particular promotional add-on. As far as I am aware, the list for the included Countries for the 1000 International minutes promotion should have been listed in your plan change confirmation email. It's possible the list is not available on Fido.ca because the included Countries can vary depending on when the promotion was received. 

As far as I am aware, you can view the included Countries here.

That said, you should note that this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You might consider verifying the included Countries of the current promotional add-on with customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers