Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy with long distance charges

Mpetruzzi
I'm a participant level 2

Good Morning,

'Fido new slogan is "Taking customers money and not caring about them"

very upset on how Fido handled the situation with not one bit of help,all they did was tell me I am in the wrong.

Today I checked my phone bill, I noticed long distance charge from where I live in Milton to California. There was two calls made on December 30 to California which is the google number. I myself have been dealing with google for google my business but I can tell you I wasn't on the phone with google  for 52mins then 38mins. Through my dealings with google, I have always had them call me which if somebody lollies at the pictures you would see an incoming call from google.

I talked to three customer service representatives and none were able to help me .

Fido obly cares about protecting them selves and not assisting there customers.

1FCE07FC-8089-4AE8-A4D5-338DCEAFBF26.png

CB007F07-B479-4377-856C-8C0F934C96CD.png

179AA4D9-C29C-4AFB-87CD-5C25B70BD07C.jpeg

42A15531-7AE3-4788-9310-E5D8D5F579DB.png

5 REPLIES 5

Nikki9

I was charged for calls to Texas I have never done over 200 dollars 

Hi @Nikki9,

We got back to your other post that is in regards to the same situation.

Thanks,

Mpetruzzi

Thank you for the response.

justification

1. I never have made a call to the states in my tender with fido,although I made my incoming calls from Fido,I would know if I was on the phone with them for almost two hours.

2.No one at Fido can even help me.

3.if on my credit card,if I see a charge that is not there,I can dispute it with proper validation,this is the same situation and they can't even accept my validation reasons.

4.unfortunately they only care about the money.

Hello again,

I understand you might not have intentionally made those calls. However, the evidence you provided substantiates the charges. The calls were made using your SIM card in your phone. It isn't possible for someone else to make calls on your account without your SIM card. Even if that were somehow possible, it isn't possible to make those calls appear on your phone. That's the difference with credit card charges. All people need to make unauthorised charges on credit cards is the number, expiry date, and security number on the back. They don't need to have possession of the actual credit card. The same is not possible with phones. Unless they have access to your phone, people cannot charge phone calls to your account. You should note that many credit card companies won't reverse fraudulent charges if they were made using Chip and PIN. In those cases, they would have possession of your credit card and PIN. More to the point though, your validation evidence show the calls on your phone log as outgoing. How do you explain those calls being shown to be made from your phone?

To be clear, I am not suggesting that you are lying. There have been viruses and malware known to make calls on phones without the knowledge of their owners. There have also been instances with Apple devices making calls without knowledge of their owners. However, it is still the customer's responsibility to ensure their devices aren't infected or behaving inappropriately. Though I'm not sure if those situations are applicable since those calls wouldn't usually be made to Google support. Is it possible you thought the phone number was toll-free? Is it possible those calls were pocket- or butt-dials (see here)? Is it possible they were voice-activated dials? Even if you didn't intentionally make those calls, they were made using your SIM card on your phone.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Mpetruzzi,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've received unexpected charges on your bill. However, from your own images, those calls in question show as outgoing on your phone. That image seems to corroborate the charges on your phone bill. That phone number is a support phone number for Google (see here). One might argue that there was a mistake in the billing. However, it's difficult to follow that argument with the calls showing as outgoing on your phone. Phone companies aren't able to manipulate details on your phone. It might be different if your phone showed incoming and they billed for outgoing. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

I understand you don't think you made those calls and that they might have been incoming. I am not aware of any technology whereby incoming calls are switched to outgoing. Is it possible that you mistakenly dialled that number when searching for the Google support number? Is it possible the number was dialled when requesting the call-back?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers