Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Long Distance Call Charge

Tzu234
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello, 

I received an unexpected long-distance bill of $503 the first time. After receiving the bill feeling shocked, I learned that Fido does not send reminders for bills like this, also unlike other providers where there would provide free calls especially between Canada and the US.  That being said, as a customer for more than 6 years, it has never been an issue contacting family not in Canada via internet-based contact platforms like messengers, WhatsApp etc. It became an issue due to an unexpected evacuation that happened in the town I am currently staying in called Hay River in NWT because of a close wildfire. During the 10-day evacuation, there is limited internet service in the north and therefore I made emergency phone calls not in a mental state to check for the policy. I wonder if it's possible that Fido could consider providing some deduction to support this situation. The extra bill is really added onto the plate on top of the already harsh evacuation situation. Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2

FidoVan

Hi there @Tzu234 and welcome to the Community.

Sorry to read about the situation in your area and hope you are safe and sound. So we can see what we can do to help you stay connected to your loved ones during this difficult time, please reach us out directly on Facebook or Twitter in private and provide this reference number: #61995224.

Until then, stay safe.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Tzu234,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred unexpected long-distance charges. However, you should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to discuss those charges, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

In the mean time, I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider trying to arrange a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations department. It should also be mentioned that any arrangement would be at the discretion of the credit operations team.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers