cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update credit card ( Prepaid )

Tekovince
I'm a participant level 3

Hi there... I had to get a new Credit Card number a few months ago, and Fido charges me yearly for my phone plan. The charge was supposed to go through last night but it didn't since my old credit card is no longer valid.

So I go to the Manage Credit Card page in my account, enter all of the info for my new credit card, and click Continue.

At this point all I get is a message at the top of the page. 
Oops!
That doesn’t seem to be working.!

Tried different browsers.

Oops!

Tried re-typing in my billing address
Oops!

Re-verified my card number and cvv code at least 10 times
Oops!

Purchased something on eBay with the same credit card
Success!
Tried card on Fido.ca again
Oops!

What isn't working? Is it blocked because the transaction didn't finish processing? Is the website down for maintenance? Is the credit card validation system down? Are the Fido heardquarters being attacked by a giant Stay Puft marshmallow man? Can we get more descriptive error messages?!

75 REPLIES 75

jcoles
I'm a contributor level 1

Here I am a year later. Same problem. Every other online retailer has no problem with my credit card.

jcoles

My name on my credit card includes "Mr" and my middle initial. I really wouldn't want Caller ID to present my name like that. Keeping the Fido and credit card names identical must be a new restriction, as I have successfully used my credit card with Fido in the past. Why not provide a separate Name field for credit card registration?

As far as I can tell, the profile provides no way to edit my account name, anyway. And changing my name on the credit card is too much trouble for a once-a-year transaction. So, I'll just use the Interac method of payment from now on.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

I'm glad you were able to get this resolved by using Interac® Online Smiley

If in the future you decide to use your credit card, we can update the account name on our end, and leave your outgoing call display name untouched!

You can reach out to us here if ever you want to do that.

MCB_52
I'm a contributor level 2

So it is unclear by all the back-and-forth (and clients finding their own work-arounds) how one is supposed to solve this issue?

Am encountering the same issue as the OP. My name hasn't changed, neither has my address. My credit card, however, has expired and I decided not to continue with that company. I'd like to register my Mastercard (yes, in my name) but this is impossible to do online. Am getting the same 'error' message as provided by the OP and when attempting to do this via 611, the system won't complete it either. Oh, and we're past business hours so there's no one on Fido's end to resolve this.

One of the main advantages of Prepaid is Self-Serve. However, this seems impossible despite my name, address and card info being correct. How often is one going to have to encounter this before Fido makes it more user-friendly?

Hey @MCB_52

Can you tell me which error message you hear when you try to use the IVR system over the phone to update the credit card information? 

Are you selecting #3, #4, and #2 as the prompted options? 

MCB_52

Pierre,

I'm not sure if this helps, or if it can help others, but what happens (after selecting options: 3 > 4 > 2 in the IVR) is it asks for the new card #, expiry date and security code on the back. It says "One moment, we are processing your request" then it comes back to say "we are transfering you to a Fido Representative". The phones proceeds to ring and since it was after hours, a message comes on saying Fido is closed and to call back during said Business hours.

Therefore clients really are stuck when they attempt to do anything themselves that that system is unable to process, and Fido is closed...

Hey @MCB_52

Sorry to see that you are having all that trouble.

Were you able to reach the customer service at our opening hours?

noelswanson
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

@FidoKenny have you noticed that no one from Fido is actdually answering the question?

I too cannot update my creditd card in my prepaid account. Nor can I delete the old one.  (yes, I read http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/NonTechnical/thread-id/22492 where that question is not answered either). I get the same error message as everyone else here. I am using the correct login/name/address.

This is clearly a software issue. Having to have people phone in to do this is ridiculous- especially since one has to do this during office hours. So now I am stuck, having just arrived in an airport from abroad, with no phone.

When is Fido actually going to fix the problem instead of getting people to try different workarounds?

Noel

Hi @noelswanson & welcome to the Community!

On our end, we don't have any alerts or confirmation that this is a system issue. That said, I'll send you a PM so we can check out your account.

Talk to you soon. Smiley

Tekovince

I figured I might see those refunds once the card had been unlocked. I remember other sites testing the validity of a credit card by charging/refunding a dollar but the process stopped when my bank blocked the credit card. No idea why or how it even attempted to verify 92+ times either but we do have really ancient internet browsers at my workplace.

Either way it looks like they already all cancelled out or the bank might have just removed them, the original charges are gone from my statement so no matching refund for each either.

Glad to hear everything was resolved. Smiley

Tekovince

Nice! I just checked my credit card statement and i was charged $1 for every attempt I made... great!

Tekovince

Make that 92 seperate one dollar charges on my credit card. WHAT?!