Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive SMS in India

Tuljaps
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I am unable to get network recently in India and unable to receive SMS. Please suggest. 

I already tried taking out sim and placing it back but no use. 

It was working earlier but it's not working recently. I updated my plan recently from India. Does it have something to do with it?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Tuljaps,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with receiving SMS abroad. I understand you just recently updated your plan. To which plan type did you switch? You should note that some plans (ie Basic plans) do not allow for roaming. Had you switched to one of the Basic plans?

How did you update your plan abroad? Was it via Fido.ca or was it with customer service assistance? It's possible that a plan change from abroad may have been flagged as possible fraudulent activity and your services were suspended.

Alternatively, you noted that your device is unable to connect to a network. Have you attempted to manually select a network?

You should note that these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you wanted to discuss your issue, you would need to contact customer service. If you are still abroad, they have a number to contact from abroad. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers