cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive OTP

karmainall
I'm a participant level 2

I recently switched to Fido and I am unable to receive OTP from any of my banks: Scotiabank, TD, Manulife. No texts in the spam & blocked folder. No issues with sending and receiving texts from individuals. Please help. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

mahenderpatlola
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I'm facing the same issue since 3 weeks and its been frustating to queue up in the Fido customer service for hours and hours but still the problem not resolved. Earlier I used to get these OTP codes until December 2 week and stopped after that. I have contacted CS twice and they have lodged an issue with technical team. Interaction number is11945516496. 

I* didn't hear from any of your technical team and 3 days passed. The beautiy of Fido CS is to wait in the queue for hours and not to receive any complaint confirmations via email/text after issue lodging.  I see many blogs on the same issue which are resolved by status but unresolved technicallty. I didn't understand the motto here...

Hi there @mahenderpatlola

If the short code is listed in the above link, you can send ‘INFO’ to the code to see if you'll receive a response providing additional information on the program. This would confirm that the program is active.

FidoRania

Hey @karmainall,

According to the information we have available here, all approved short codes are found here. These are the ones approved by the Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA).

Have you tried rebooting your device, by any chance?

karmainall

Hi,

I have rebooted my phone 4 times now. It did not make a difference. Scotiabank, TD, and Manulife are all approved by CWTA. 

Hi @karmainall !

If the short code is listed and to check if the program is still active, you can send ‘INFO’ to a short code to see if you'll receive a response providing additional information on the program. This would confirm that the program is active.

Do you still have any SMS from your banks short code to which you can reply INFO and verify this?