cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make voicemail on prepaid plan

ZyraBot
I'm a participant level 3

Hi I'm having issues with setting up voicemail. I previously had a monthly plan with Fido and switched to prepaid.

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/Phones-and-Devices/Setting-up-Voice-Mail/m-p/165637#M43771 

This person seems to be having a similar issue as I am. I'm going to the phone app, holding 1 to activate voicemail and it says "to retrieve voice messages, enter yout 10 digit fido phone followed by the pound key". I enter my phone number and pound but it says "Sorry, that number isn't vaild".

Please help me!

3 REPLIES 3

Radwin

After much digging, I found the solution. If after following the instructions and it still says incorrect number after pressing your 10 digit number and the pound key, go to VIEW USAGE AND MANAGE > BROWSE ADD ONS > Add the "English Voicemail" addon for $0. Wait for a few hours and then try calling the voicemail number again. Now you can setup your voicemail and pin. It worked for me.

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hu ZyraBot Smiley 

I think you need to wait some days to correct the issue. Smiley

Phone porting and success voicemail porting sometimes takes days.

Have a nice day Smiley It's been a pleasure to assist you today Wink

If u love my answer don't forget to mark as the best answer Smiley

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello ZyraBot,

Sorry to hear you're having issues setting up your voicemail on your pre-paid account. Since you've migrated from a post-paid to pre-paid account, you might need to contact customer service to have them reset your voicemail.

What pre-paid plan do you have? You should note that some of the pre-paid plans only have voicemail on a pay-per-use basis. You should also note that airtime (plus long-distance or roaming charges, if applicable) would be incurred for listening to your messages (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers