Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Return Phone and plan

Siddharth14
I'm a participant level 3

Hello!
I purchased a plan and phone with Fido but that day itself I received another better deal and ported. Now the Fido store is not ready to accept my return even if the phone hasn't been opened and it hasn't even been a day. On hold at customer service all day. I am returning an unopened phone right the next day which is well within the return policy and yet no one is ready to cooperate and help me.

11 REPLIES 11

ablazevic
I'm a participant level 1

Any updates on this? Were you able to figure out the return with customer service?

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Siddharth14,

Sorry to hear the store does not want to take the return was it a Fido corporate store or a third-party reseller? I would suggest you go back to the store and ask to speak with a manager because you are within the time frame to return and they should accept it.

Purchase made in store.jpg

you can get more info here.

Siddharth14

It was a Fido Store. I went to the store 5 times and they are like since you ported your number to another provider your account is closed and we cant help you. They said "You need to call customer service" and I have been on hold with customer service since morning.

@Siddharth14 since the account has been closed it can get a bit tricky as to who will take the return now, I would suggest talking to customer service and they will be able to better advise you, I know the wait times are longer than expected with all the current promotions. 

You can also try messaging them on social media see here for all the methods to contact them.

Siddharth14

I actually called customer service and they are blaming it on the store that it's their problem and the store is saying its customer care who can do anything.

Sorry to hear you are getting so much trouble returning the device, I would suggest you go to the store and ask to speak with the manager and let them know, you can also show them the return policy stated on Fido's website that I linked above.

Siddharth14

I actually tried talking to the Assitant Manager and she was extremely rude and non-cooperative. I am an international student who has recently come to Canada so I had no idea about these intricate details, it was an honest mistake but she is still not willing to help us. She is you have to pay the full amount and when I said I can't afford it she was rude and told me if you are poor enough to not afford it then I should not get a plan in the first case.
For the return policy, they are saying that you get a 15-day return only if you are part of Fido, not otherwise.
Customer service is blaming the store and the store is telling its problem of the store.

Hello again @Siddharth14,

They should not be speaking to you in such a manner and that person needs some training or disciplinary action.

Again at this point, I can only suggest you speak with the actual Manager and explain to them what customer service told you and they can call customer service themselves to verify what they should be doing because if they do accept the return you will be billed for the full cost of the device.

Siddharth14

Thank you!

ajippanfido007

I am really sorry to hear that my friend. As far as I know, you have to pay monthly by going to the fido app if you hAVE NOT SETUP A auto payment . so don't pay the money and ask them if you can take back the device. Always try to make videos when you take them to the managers as a piece of evidence it may come in handy later.

Siddharth14

Thank you for the video tip. I just hope i don't have to pay the huge bill.