cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two phone numbers, with different area codes

778Patrick
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Is it possible to have two different phone numbers with two different area codes on one device? I am conducting my busineess in two different provinces.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello 778Patrick,

Welcome to the community!

Is your device capable of dual-SIM functionality? If it is, you should be able to have two lines with different area codes. You would need to ensure you have selected the correct Province when setting up the lines or you would't be provided with the appropriate regional phone numbers.

You should note that some plans are Province specific. You might not be able to select the same plan details for both lines if the plan in question is not available in the other Province. You should also note that the taxes are related to the phone number. Since you are wishing to have lines from two different Provinces, you would likely be paying different taxes for the two lines.

You should also note that most dual-SIM capable phones on the market are dual-SIM dual-standby. Only one SIM can be active at a given time.

If your device isn't capable of dual-SIM functionality, then it wouldn't be possible to have two lines on the same device.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers