cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my number from Fido to Virgin

Ivanaan
I'm a participant level 2

I'm on a monthly $55 plan, and if I need to change from Fido to Virgin, (in order to get some benefits about a package) and to keep the same number, do I need to pay a fee to Fido? Or is it better to cancel Fido alltogether? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Sonika
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I want to convert my fido account into virgin 

Hello @Sonika,

Welcome to the community!

In order to port your number from Fido you just need to contact the new provider and let them know you want to port the number they will take all the necessary information and do the port, you will, however, need to keep the Fido line active until the port has completed. Once the port has been completed it will automatically cancel the Fido line.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Ivanaan!

If you were looking to keep your number, it's important you don't cancel with us. The only fee that would apply is the balance left on your phone if you're on agreement. The new provider would take care of the transfer.

That said, we really would hate to see you go and we'd love to go over your options for sticking with us Smiley

I'll send you a PM and we'll talk there. See you there! 

Ivanaan

I'm on a monthly plan- $55 no contract (BYOP), but i get the bill in advance. If I were to transfer to another cellphone carrier in the middle of the month, I'd still need to pay the whole amount?

Thank You

The difference would be prorated on your next or final invoice, meaning you would only pay for the days the service was still active. If it's in the middle of the month, that would be approximately half your monthly plan. 

With that said, please reply to our PM and we will be happy to review your options. Smiley Here's an article that explains how to access your PM on the community.

Hope to hear from you soon!