cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer ownership

Guptaanuj20
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, i have 2 phone lines. Line 1 is a BYOD and Line 2 is a 2 year contract (1 year is done). 
Line2 employer is providing a Roger's connection with device. Line 2 would like to port to Rogers and transfer number to Rogers. 
Line 1 would like to transfer the ownership from Line 2 contract and also keep their phone and continue the contract but keep the Line 1 telephone number. In this scenario Line 1 would go from BYOD to Fido device and plan.
Is the above scenario possible? Please advise

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Guptaanuj20,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a means to do what you're hoping to accomplish. The plans and financing are associated with the phone number and not account per se. It is not possible to port Line 2 out and transfer that plan and contract to Line 1. Plans and financing are not transferrable. Once you port Line 2 to Rogers, that Fido line would be cancelled and they would be required to pay the balance of their device.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Guptaanuj20

Thanks for the reply. Is it just the device balance that one needs to pay or also any early cancellation fee. Line 2 is on a fido payment program. So it appears the 2 year contract is just on the device and not on the monthly plan.

Hey @Guptaanuj20

To clarify, the only fees required to pay when a line is cancelled or ported out to another carrier is the balance left on the device financing.
There are no other cancellation fees. Smiley