cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in question

User1464
I'm a participant level 3

Hi I have a quick question. If I upgrade online will I still get the chance to trade in my old phone for credit towards the new phone if I do the trade in after I receive the new phone? or do I have to do my upgrade and trade in at the same time in store?  thanks Smiley

8 REPLIES 8

Jessica43
I'm a participant level 2

Can a real person get in contact with me please 

Jessica43

I want to trade in my phone and setup an account 

Hey @Jessica43!

The FidoTrade program is easy to use and it's all done via self-serve options Smiley

Once you get a new phone with us, whether it be for a new hardware upgrade or an activation, you can trade in an old phone to get a credit.

The actual purchase of a device can be done via fido.ca and then you can begin the trade-in process here.

I hope that helps!  

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @User1464!

KAPABLE-K is not wrong, you can definitely take advantage of FidoTrade in store, however, I have great news! This is now also available through Fido.ca or with our sales team when activating a line or doing a hardware upgrade! 

In those cases, we would send you a prepaid return waybill you can use to send us your device at no cost. If the trade is accepted, the value will appear as a bill credit on your Fido account within 2-3 billing cycles from reception of your device.

Hope this helps!

User1464

Does that mean I can first do the upgrade on the website and then just ask for a prepaid return waybill from support? 

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

@FidoAmanda, this is indeed great news that we can take advantage of FidoTrade online at fido.ca! I was always a little erked by the "Trade in select devices and get a minimum credit of $100" but you had to complete the trade in-store where the $35+tax upgrade fee would apply. Essentially, your trade-in value would always be instantly reduced by $35+tax. Thank you Fido for making this massive improvement!

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @User1464 and @nick67!

Glad you like the changes we made to the offer!

To answer @User1464's question, you have 15 days to take advantage of FidoTrade after you do your upgrade. You must make the request at https://online.fidotradequote.com 

Follow the steps there and you'll be good to go! Hope that helps Smiley 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @User1464,

You will have to do the trade-in at the same time in store and you will need to find a location that does trade-in because not all locations does it.