cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally ridiculous

Bad_Service1
I'm a participant level 2

I ordered an iPhone XS Max through Fido.ca and was told that I would receive it within 5 business days. After 5 business days without receiving a shipping notification, I contacted them to ask what the holdup was. They told me that my order was coming, but backlogged. After another 5 business days, again without receiving a shipping notification, I contacted them again to be told that the phone was out of stock. As a consolation deal, they offered me a worse phone (iPhone XS) that was also refurbished for more money per month than they were offering on their website itself ($43.88/month financing vs. $19.99/month on the website) and was assured that this was the best deal they could do.. I contacted a manager and explained my frustration with the situation - the delay, the miscommunication, and the sheer lack of effort displayed on all fronts by all parties involved and was offered a deal for an iPhone 11 for more expensive monthly. I've been with Fido for literally twenty years - since my first days with the old Nokia brick and a pay-as-you-go plan when I was a kid. The best offer they could do was substantially worse than their competitors' base offer to everyone. I'm completely blown away by the sheer failure to attempt to keep me on.

I'm leaving Fido and I'm never going back.

6 REPLIES 6

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Bad_Service1,

First I would like to thank you for your loyalty all these years, we really appreciate it! 

I'm sorry to read about your experience, I understand the situation is frustrating. Rest assured that we want to help as much as we can and to provide the best experience possible. It is possible though that a device shows in stock when we place the order and as orders are being treated in order, the device can become out of stock. 

We really wouldn't want to see you go over this, I'll send you a PM to have a closer look.

As for the Community, it's meant for members and customers to help each other out therefore it's possible that you will receive help from someone that's not an employee. Hope this clarifies. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Bad_Service1,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you weren't able to get the phone you wanted. Unfortunately, if the device is out of stock, there isn't much they can do.

With regards to the iPhone 11, are you sure you're comparing similar offers? As far as I can tell, Telus' offer for $0 down is not a similar offer. That offer is based on their Bring-It-Back program. That is, the $0 offer is a lease on the phone. At the end of the contract you are obligated to return the device to them or pay the remaining balance to keep the device. With many of those leasing options, the devices must be returned in good working condition. If they are not in good working condition, you would be responsible for the rest of the cost.

When you are comparing offers, you should ensure the offers are similar.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Bad_Service1

It's not solely the fact that the deal is better elsewhere but the fact that I ordered it, was promised it within a specific window, let the window of time pass, and contacted them to see what was taking so long.  I was assured that it was on it's way and things were business as usual.  After waiting an additional 4 business days I contacted them again to be told that no, in fact, it wasn't on its way, and the deal that was offered to me as a consolation was substantially worse than the one that was offered on FIDO's OWN WEBSITE.  After the massive inconvenience of waiting, and the massive inconvenience of spending the better part of a day attempting to communicate with Fido customer service, the best they could do was worse than what they would offer a new customer who HADN'T been a loyal patron for 20 years. 

Thanks much for the incredibly passive aggressive response that totally ignored all but one of my grievances though, Cawtau.  It's appreciated.

(BY THE WAY - THAT ABOVE STATEMENT - IT WAS ALSO PASSIVE AGGRESSION - AM I DOING THIS RIGHT)

Hello again,

@Bad_Service1 wrote:...Thanks much for the incredibly passive aggressive response that totally ignored all but one of my grievances though, Cawtau.  It's appreciated.

I apologise for not addressing your other grievances. However, I don't actually work for Fido. I can't address those other concerns. I responded to the only issue for which I could provide information. You posted apparent inaccurate information comparing the Telus offering. I clarified the difference between the offers.

Cheers

Bad_Service1

You don't work for Fido?  So what, you're just an extremely dedicated consumer?

Hello again,

No, I don't work for Fido. I'm just a Fido customer.

Cheers