Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To customer service about the over bill

Giza
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello guys!

I normally should pay 55 dollar plan. Once in awhile I call overseas, that's how I end up paying around 70$. And I thought it's just because I used intl call. I checked my bill today and was surprised to see that now I have a Flex rate for 10$, I wonder what is that? I didn't give consent to flex rate. Moreover, when I came to Fido from Rogers I was offered 5 dollar discount on my 55$ plan. I wonder where has that feature gone? I still use phone from outside, not the Fido locked. If nothing is done in this matter, I'm starting to look for another company, since I'm not bound to Fido by contract.

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@Giza wrote:

Hello guys!

I normally should pay 55 dollar plan. Once in awhile I call overseas, that's how I end up paying around 70$. And I thought it's just because I used intl call. I checked my bill today and was surprised to see that now I have a Flex rate for 10$, I wonder what is that? I didn't give consent to flex rate. Moreover, when I came to Fido from Rogers I was offered 5 dollar discount on my 55$ plan. I wonder where has that feature gone? I still use phone from outside, not the Fido locked. If nothing is done in this matter, I'm starting to look for another company, since I'm not bound to Fido by contract.

**Edited to add labels

Hello Giza,

Welcome to the forums!

What would you like done with this matter?

As @FidoTerry mentioned, Flex rate is what you are charged for going over your allotted data. Once you go over your data limit, you have consented to additional data usage and therefore consented to be charged for its use. It is up to the customer to monitor their data usage. You will not receive notice that you have reached the limit of your usage. However, once you reach $50 in overage fees, you should receive a text stating as such. You should also be given the option to accept continued use of data for additional fees.

With regards to the $5 discount you initially received, those discounts are not indefinite. They all have end-dates.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Giza,

Welcome to the community. Smiley

The flex rate data is charged whenever you go over your allowed data since the last cycle. The rate varies depending on the plan you had have.

To avoid going over your data, you can check on Fido.ca > My account, use the Fido My account app or dial 611 from your phone. I'm sending you a PM now to check if there's another plan more suitable for your needs. Talk to you soon!