cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting each other while both in another country?

amies
I'm a participant level 2

Both my husband and I are Fido customers on plans with unlimited international messaging. If we are travelling in another country together, what is the fee for texting each other while in that other country? To be clear, we would both be out of Canada at the time.

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Amies,

Welcome to the community!

To clarify, the unlimited international texting refers to text messages sent from Canada. If you're both going to be sending messages from outside of Canada, that would be considered roaming. Depending on your plan(s), they are likely already enrolled for Fido Roam. The rates for Fido Roam depend on where you are travelling. You can view the rates here. To be clear, disabling roaming data does not disable roaming for voice and SMS. Using your services with roaming data disabled will still incur the daily roaming fee.

If you do not intend on using your other Fido services, you might consider opting out of Fido Roam on both of your lines. Your phones would then roam on a pay-per-use basis. You can view the those rates in the link above as well.

If you do not intend on using any of your Fido services, you might consider enabling Airplane or Flight mode for the duration of your trip. You could manually enable Wifi when required.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

amies

Thanks Cawtau.