cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary suspension still charge full plan fee + suspension fee

LN24111
I'm a participant level 1

Yesterday, I contacted an online rep to add a temporary suspension to my plan (contract, which was over last December), as I'm out of the country for an extended period. However, today when I checked, my plan is still active and at full-price, now with the suspension tacked on.

I'm under the impression that the suspension will postpone my plans until it's over, so why is my plan showing that I'm now being charged for both the plan and the suspension fee?

5 REPLIES 5

bellem95

How was this resolved? I'm having the same problem.

Hey @bellem95 Smiley

Welcome to the Community! 

If you're also experiencing this issue, please reach out to customer service via any of the methods listed here and we'll be happy to look into this. 

FidoAllan

Hey @LN24111 ! Welcome to the Community! Smiley 

We'd be happy to have a look into this with you, we'll send you a PM shortly. 

Talk to you there! 

MarthaMB

sure 

ok thank you

Hi @MarthaMB , welcome to the community. Thanks for contacting me, this is to reply to your dm. 

Fido does offer a temporary suspension for eligible lines. Are you currently under contract? If so, do you have an older subsidised plan or one of the newer financed payment plans? Unfortunately, subsidised plans are not eligible for the temporary suspension as the cost of phones is incorporated into the plan cost. If you have a financed plan, you should note that the temporary suspension only applies to your services. You would still need to pay the monthly costs for financing the device.

Unfortunately, there is no way to add the temporary suspension online. If you're eligible for the temporary suspension, you would need to contact customer service to have it set up. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀