cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary Suspension

MsSheila
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

What services exactly are included / not included in the temporary suspension. i.e. are services like incoming calls, text, and voicemail left active to be billed to your account when you have a temporary suspension? If not, what services are included in the charge how is this different from a full account suspension where your account is not billed for any charges while suspended. Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3

Pokono
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

It would be nicer to have a "data" option and pay a reduced fee for people who needs to travel for extended periods but still need to receive text and calls. Most European providers do allow that easily.

Hey @Pokono Smiley 

Thank you very much for your feedback! 

We don't have such an option at this time, but we're always working to improve our services and offers, so your input is appreciated. 

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @MsSheila,

Welcome to our Community! 

I'll be happy to clarify how the Temporary Suspension service works. Smiley

You can suspend your line for $7 per month for a period of 2 to 12 months, if you don't have an agreement on your line. The great thing about the suspension is that it allows you to keep the same monthly plan and phone number once you remove it. It's important to keep in mind that the service can only be added once every 12 months.

However, while your line is suspended, you won't be able to:

• Place or receive calls including to our 611 & toll-free numbers
  • Send or receive text messages
  • Receive voicemail messages
  • Use data

Therefore, the $7 fee for the suspension allows to keep your number and plan until you restart using the service, however, usage is not included.

Hope this helps with your question, let us know if you need anything else!