cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab Balance

T1000
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

How can I find the balance left on my tab? I switched to Fido in July on a Tab24 for a Nexus4. I was wondering how can I find what is left on my Tab.

7 REPLIES 7

DroneJunkie
I'm a participant level 1

This does not work! 
No way to check device balance anymore. 

Hello DroneJunkie,

Welcome to the community!

Some other community members have noted that you should be able to check the device balance by clicking on Upgrade My Phone (see here). It should then show you the balance owing and the end-date of your contract. Have you had a chance to try that method?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Easy!

Find out the full cost of Nexus 4 at Fido when you purchased it. Find out how much money you paid for the N4 up front. The difference is the balance you owe Fido over 24months. divided this value by 24 and you get your monthly tab reduction.

You mentioned your contract started in July, so I guess about 4 months has passed. your remaining balance is the total tab balance you owe minus 4 months.

For example. If I sign up my N4 today at $0, my balance is $450, which equates to $18.75 per months, after 4 months I will owe Fido $375 if I want to end my tab contract.

Mark8
Why do I have to figure this out on my own.....every other provider simply tells me the balance

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @Mark8!

Good news! You can check the remaining balance on your phone by going on Fido > My account and choosing the number. You will see the information on the right side of the page under: " Device balance ".

Hope this helps! Smiley

csousa1
The method in this "solution" doesn't help if the user does not know/remember the cost of their phone. Other providers show the actual balance owing on the user accounts page. I do not see this on Fido's. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

The orginal contract you signed with Fido has the balance information of your phone subsidy.  If you don't have even that I'm sure calling 611 a fido rep can tell you your orginal subsidy