cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to new plan and billed extra minutes

pstodgell
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am a longtime customer of Fido. I recently switched to a new plan which includes unlimited talk. My old plan only had 460 minutes. I rec'd a notice that my minutes were getting low- about 50 minutes left, so I decided to switch. I did this on line as requested on just about any site I was on, rather than call a customer agent. However, I just got my bill and I was charged over $30..00 for minuted because of the switch ???. I called an agent and was told that because I did it on line, they could not adjust my bill. I am a senior on a fixed income and really cannot understand why I should be penalized because I followed your instructions. I know this is probably a waasted effort, but I am so frustrated with Fido, I am going to check out other cell suppliers and return my new phone.

Pat Stodgell

1 REPLY 1

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @pstodgell

Welcome to the Community! 

I am sad to see you had this kind of experience with your price plan change. I can totally understand that it is always surprising to receive a bill that is higher than expected. By the sound of it, it's possible that you may have exceeded the amount included in your plan during the change due to the prorations. 

We would hate to see you leave! You can reach back out through any of the options found on the Contact Page if you'd like to give us a chance to take another look into this with you. 

We can also send you a PM from here if you would prefer. Let us know