cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend my account

Beatrice6
I'm a participant level 1

Hi I am leaving Canada right now, and I cannot call Fido to suspend my account. Also I will be away for 2 months. Is there a way that I can do it online? If so, what should I do?

5 REPLIES 5

Sd28

What arr the suspensions charges for on contract accounts??

Wjat are the possibilities of charging full bill in case of suspension??

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Sd28,

As mentioned in the solution above, the temporary suspension is available only without an agreement.

If you're currently under a 24-month agreement, you could pay the remaining subsidy on the device and then would be able to suspend the line for $7/month+tax. Another option would be downgrading your plan to the lowest one available from the same tier to avoid paying the remaining subsidy.

If you'd like us to take a closer look at your account and the available options, you can reach out to us here and we'll be happy to assist! 

FidoFaiza

Hi @Beatrice6,

Welcome to Community Smiley 

If you are without an agreement, you can suspend your line for $7/month + tax. The suspension can be added for a minimum period of 2 months and a maximum of 12 months. 

There's also other methods of reaching us if you are unable to call us. Check them out here. If not, let me know and I will send you a PM.

Thanks.

yasir2
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I am not using the service for this month and next month since I am not in the country. Is there a way to waive my bills for these two months?

Hey @yasir2!

I have moved your post to this thread as it's related to your inquiry!

You can find the info you're looking for above.