cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden change of price without notice

JenLi
I'm a participant level 3

I have had a plan with Fido of $20/ per month for several years. So it came to my surprise when the price was raised suddenly without informing me in March. I have tried contacting Fido through phone and online, however, the answer has so far been stiff and unreasonable. I have yet to receive a satisfying explanation as to why my plan has been changed without any notice. Up to this point, I am utterly disappointed by the lack of response and consideration I have been given as a customer.  

Jennifer

8 REPLIES 8

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @JenLi,

Fido usually inform us of any changes via our invoice at least 30 days before the change. If you check the details of your invoice for the last 3 month the notice should be on one of them.

JenLi

Hi Kapable-K,

I didn't see any raising price explanation on my invoice in March, February or January.

I think I have to send my complaint to the Consumer Protection Advisory Committee if

Fido cannot give me a good reason.

Hello @JenLi,

The carriers can not make an increase without prior notice if they did not give you notice and are unwilling to fix it you are definitely within your rights to file a complaint. 

First I would suggest you send a private message to @FidoSolutions and explain what happened and a moderator here in the community can go over your account and try to resolve this issue for you.

Hey @JenLi

If you were affected by a price increase on one of our grandfathered plans (plans we no longer offer), you should see the bill notification anywhere between January 9, until February 8, 2020. That's when we started sending the bill messages, and the date will vary based on your billing cycle.

You would have access to your invoices online on Fido.ca to validate that as well. Can you please take a look and confirm that you've received it?

JenLi

Hi. Saad,

You envision the answer is not the case of my, totally I didn't get any information from Fido. I doubt Fido uses this way to push customers away when they think the user can't make a profit for it. I signed in the plan when Fido promoted a special offer on a limited time and my sister also joined it a few years ago. However, in March my sister left the plan then Fido starts to raise my price without notice.

Hey @JenLi! I hope you're doing well. Smiley

We never make changes to our customers plans without prior notification of at least 30 days. If you would like us to take a closer look at this with you, just request a PM and we'll be happy to do so.

Let us know.

JenLi

Hi Philippe,

Please tell me how to request a PM? I felt it is difficult to contact Fido for solving a problem.
The Fido website is no clear link to navigate customers where they can go to find further support. The Fido living chat seems a robot to answer the questions and the physical call is long waiting.
When your call goes through to the customer service frustration is,  they don't pay attention to respond to your request. The representative attempts to end up your call in a perfunctory way.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @JenLi

I'll be sending you a PM shortly on the Community. 

You can also find our different channels through which you can contact us for future account related questions here.

Talk soon!