cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange call from Fido

Yuuuuuu1
I'm a participant level 2

Just got a call saying Fido is going to suspend my number in two hours because something I’ve done. Then it transferred me to some guy who told me a number was registered under my name in June 29, 2020(if I remembered correctly) in Shanghai. And that number spread some information. But the thing is, I’ve never left this country since last September! I have no idea how this all happened. Now, what should I do?

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Yuuuuuu1,

Welcome to the community!

I'm guessing that call was SPAM. The whole thing sounds fishy. The spammers/scammers are getting more tricky in their attemps to scam people. That said, you might consider contacting customer service to verify whether there are any issues on your account. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account.

Did you provide any information to them?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Yuuuuuu1

Thank you very much! I've called customer service but it's taking too long to wait. I have sent Fidosolutions few messages on twitter but no one has replied yet. 

I also thought this might be a spam. But they did not get anything from me so far (such as money). So I'm a bit confused...

Hey there @Yuuuuuu1, we definitely understand that this might be confusing. 

We thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Were you able to get in contact with out social media team?