cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop the roam service?

Constant
I'm a participant level 1

I am outside Canada now.  How can I stop the roam?  Because I received a message from Fido I had been told that I am freely to use roam.  I accidentally received some WhatsApp message.  How can I stop roam now?

3 REPLIES 3

jramburn

while informing myself, I just enroled on Fido Roam by accident. Please cancel it right away. I will enrol when I'll travel in 2 weeks. Thank you. Jask Ramburn.

Hello @jramburn , enabling fido Roam doesn't cost you anything, in fact it can save you money when traveling as it is a fixed charge per day of use. My fido Roam has been enabled on my device for a lot of years with no detriment. To cancel fido Roam, you will have to contact Fido customer service and have the service turned off. You can contact Fido customer support Here to make your request, you will then have to activate it again when you travel. Cheers and safe travels 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Constant,

Welcome to the community!

If you do not wish to travel using Fido Roam, you would need to contact customer service to opt-out of the service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Once you are confirmed to have the service disabled on your account, your usage abroad would be on a pay-per-use basis. If you choose to travel without Fido Roam, you might consider disabling data and roaming data as those charges can add up quite quickly. You can view the pay-per-use rates here.

If you wished to disable roaming entirely, you would need to contact customer service and have them place a roaming block on your line. Alternatively, you might consider keeping your phone in Airplane or Flight mode. You could then manually enable Wifi when required. With Airplane mode enabled, the phone should not be able to connect to the local networks. You should note that if your phone is Wifi-calling enabled, some usage abroad would be considered roaming (see here). Another option would be to remove the SIM card from your device. However, if you choose this method, you would need to ensure you do not lose the SIM card. While you can order a new SIM, you would likely be charged for the replacement SIM.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers