cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop outgoing international calls

Teanuanua
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

So there's a thread on this topic from 2017, and every support i talk to tell me it is not possible so which is it? 

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/Phones-and-Devices/Stop-international-outgoing-calls/m-p/114873

Did it change since then? 

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Teanuanua,

Welcome to the community!

The solution in that thread you note isn't entirely accurate. Fido can place a block on outgoing International calls. However, you should note that the block won't be able to cover certain International call destinations with the same Country code (+1). That is, the block won't prevent calls to the US or some other 24 Countries (see here). The block prevents calls made to other Country codes. They can't block the +1 Country code because you wouldn't be able to make any calls within Canada either. If you specifically asked about blocking calls to one of those Countries, that could be why you were told that it was not possible.

If you would like to add a block for outgoing International calls, you would need to contact customer services. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers