cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Srparate accounts/lines

Sangrilala
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I need to separate my line from my ex and fido wont let me for another 2 years .. I told them I want my phone, my line and my contract under my own account number and they tell me it's impossible. I have seen in the forums that if he is OK with it and I am OK with it them fido can change it but they won't even listen ... what gives ????

Help please 🙏 

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sangrilala,

Happy Holidays and Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear of your situation. Provided you qualify for your own account, it should be possible to take ownership of your line from your ex. However, as previously mentioned, it is not possible to transfer the responsibility of a financed device. Since the transfer of wireless services to another Fido account would cancel the Payment Program agreement, the balance on the device would be charged on your next bill (see here).

You can find additional information regarding transfer of responsibility (TOR) here.

Hope this helps ☃️

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Sangrilala,

Welcome to the community!

While it is true you can do a transfer of responsibility but if it is currently under a finance agreement the agreement will need to be cancelled and paid off in full before the transfer can be done as they can not transfer financing to someone else.

This is the only thing I can see will prevent the transfer from happening.