cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify promo for existing spotify premium customers?

RO514
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there,

I'm thinking about switching to a Pulse plan and I just want to know -- I already subscribe to Spotify Premium on my own. Can I still get 6 months free if I sign up for this plan?

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

marcocustomer
I'm a participant level 3

i was promised in the FIDO shop i would get free premium spotify for 6 months and i could continue to use my current spotify account
I CANT USE MY CURRENT SPOTIFY ACCOUNT APPARENTLY ONE OF YOUR FELLOW STAF MEMBERS TOLD ME ON THE PHONE TODAY.
please let me know why?
THE aggreement is that FIDO are paying for premium spotify for 6 months so why cant i log in and use my old spotify profile which is signed up through facebook?? WHY??!!!
please PLEASE give me some answers instead of saying it is just a spotify problem and not giving SOLUTIONS.
FIDO AND SPOTIFY HAVE AN AGGREEMENT TOGETHER THAT THE CUSTOMER WILL RECEIVE 6 MONTHS OF PREMIUM SPOTIFY FREE SO WHY AM I (THE CUSTOMER) BEING ASKED TO CONTACT SPOTIFY MYSELF TO FIND OUT WHY THEY ARE NOT TAKING PAYMENT FROM FIDO ON MY SPOTIFY ACCOUNT ???
WHEN I ENTER THE CODE TO ACTIVATE THE SUBSCRIPTION ONLINE FIDO TELLS ME "SORRY THIS SPOTIFY ACCOUNT WAS PREVIOUSLY USED WITH SPOTIFY PREMIUM AND CAN'T BE USED AGAIN FOR THIS PROMOTION. FOR MORE INFORMAITION VISIT WWW.FIDO.COM/SUPPORT

??? BUT ISN'T THE PROMOTION TO GIVE THE CUSTOMER SPOTIFY PREMIUM FOR 6 MONTHS FREE??? - SO WHY IS FIDO TELLING ME THAT THE SUBSCRIPTION CANNOT BE ACTIVATED BECAUSE I HAD PREMIUM BEFORE ?? THAT MAKES NO SENSE AND IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO FIDO OFFERING ME FREE SPOTIFY PREMIUM. THE FACE THAT I HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR SPOTIFY PREMIUM BEFORE SHOULD ONLY MEAN THAT I WILL NOT BE FURTHER PAYING FOR SPOTIFY. THIS SHOULD NOT DETERMINE IF/ IF NOT FIDO WILL ACTUALLY PAY/ NOT PAY FOR MY SPOTIFY PREMIUM FOR THE NEXT SIX MONTHS.
IT SOUNDS LIKE A BIG FIDO SCAM TO ME. MISLEADING CUSTOMERS BELIEVING THEY CAN CONTINUE USING SPOTIFY FOR FREE FOR 6 MONTHS WHEN REALLY FIDO ARE UNABLE TO ORGANISE PAYMENTS TO SPOTIFY FOR INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNTS.
PATHETIC.
PLEASE CAN YOU SORT THIS OUT AND FIX THIS PROBLEM

Hey @marcocustomer

Welcome to the Community! I moved your post here as we already had a similar related thread going.

This offer is meant to help our customers discover Spotify Premium. If you've had the Spotify Premium at any point through any free trial offer or paid subscription, this particular Spotify account will not qualify for the 6-month discovery offer. 

I hope this helps clarify. Smiley 

marcocustomer
Hello FidoPierre
Yes this helps clarify that the offer is a scam that is not applicable when the wording is changed slightly
I asked a member of staff in your shop and was told that it would be fine.
Ah not to worry I will try contact Spotify and see if they can move all my music interests, songs, playlists etc across to a new account I will subscribe to. Then I can just use your free Spotify and still get all the music I have built up. Spotify should be able to help me with this

We don't want you to feel this way, @marcocustomer

If you click on More Details under the plan, it says: "Available with Fido Pulse plans to first-time Spotify Premium subscribers only.".

Nonetheless, I will be sure to pass your feedback along. 

You can always create a new ID to take advantage of the six months promo. 

Thanks!

marcocustomer
Hey Fidofaiza,
Thanks for getting back to me

I will be doing that yes, I have a free Spotify account I will use. The only thing is I lose all my music interests, playlist, likes etc
Gosh Darnet :goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::goblin::alien_monster::alien_monster::goblin::alien_monster::alien_monster::goblin::goblin::goblin::alien::alien::alien::grinning_cat_face_with_smiling_eyes::goblin::grinning_cat_face::ogre::cat_face_with_tears_of_joy:👎🏻:face_with_medical_mask::ogre::crying_cat_face::sleepy_face:😴:alien:😯:ogre:😯:skull_and_crossbones::face_with_head_bandage::sleepy_face::crying_cat_face::angry_face_with_horns:🤐:grinning_cat_face_with_smiling_eyes::face_with_head_bandage::sad_but_relieved_face::grinning_cat_face_with_smiling_eyes::face_with_thermometer::sleepy_face::smiling_face_with_horns::weary_cat_face:🤐:smiling_face_with_horns::cat_face_with_tears_of_joy::sleepy_face:😴:grinning_cat_face_with_smiling_eyes::sad_but_relieved_face::grinning_cat_face::face_with_thermometer::sad_but_relieved_face::grinning_cat_face_with_smiling_eyes::face_with_head_bandage::sleepy_face::skull_and_crossbones::face_with_head_bandage::sleepy_face::skull_and_crossbones::face_with_thermometer::sad_but_relieved_face::skull_and_crossbones::face_with_thermometer:
Thanks for the feedback

Yes, that's the downside Sad Oh well, at least you will have some good savings for six months Smiley

JJM
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi FidoFaiza,

These terms were not explained very well to us either when we signed up with Fido in-store. We even asked how the transfer of our Spotify Premium subscription (which was linked to our phone provider back home) might work, but the service rep did not point out that we would not be eligible anyway as existing Premium customers.

The Fido plan was great value anyway so it's just a bit disappointing to find out after we signed up - is there any other way Fido could help us out?

Thanks,

Jacob

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for the feedback @JJM
You can always create a new Spotify account to benefit from the free subscription. 

Jbell7

Does it matter if you've tried the free week of premium offered by spotify?  

Hey @Jbell7

Yes, the free week counts. This particular offer can only be attached to Spotify accounts that have only had the free version before. 

If you've already had Spotify Premium at any point, that specific account will not be eligible for this promotional offer. 

I hope this helps clarify things a little. 

Jbell7

Bummer! Well thanks for letting me know anyways, cheers

Anytime Very_Happy

RO514

OK that's disappointing, but thanks for letting me know!

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi there @RO514

Thanks for reaching out to our Community Smiley

As of February 1, 2017, Fido Pulse plan customers will be eligible for Spotify Premium for 6 months free if they are first time users of Spotify Premium. This is on top of other great benefits that come with Fido Pulse plans including Fido Roam and free 2017 access to Viceland.

If you've signed up for Spotify Premium in the past though, you're not eligible for this offer.

If you’ve had a Premium subscription in the past, your Spotify account can’t be used with the Fido offer.

Customers who have only had a Spotify Free account are eligible for the offer.

Let me know if this answers your question!