Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sms regarding reward

Sunz
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, 

I got below sms and seems like a scam to me. Could anyone confirm it.

The message came from 19024486709

"

Fido Solutions:
Hello! Wishing you joyful holidays! As a valued IoyaI customer, enjoy a $50 (CAD) gift to express our gratitude. Embrace the spirit of the season with laughter and love. Claim your gift here:
https://fidosolutions-secure.com/

Data rates may appIy. "

20 REPLIES 20

Mill1234

Hello i received a message from Fido with regards to a rewards and promotion offer, the number was : +1(226) 220-6918

Kindly assist 

Hello Mill1234,

Welcome to the community!

As mens mentioned in my post below, the message you received is most definitely a SCAM. Had you forwarded the message to 7726? Was there anything else for which you would like assistance?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

UniqueEm

I just receive an sms from # 2265772013

"Hello from the team at Fido Rewards!

You qualify for an exclusive reward due to our latest promotion. You can visit the Fido app for more information.

Please view fidoreward.com to redeem.

Thank you!"

I accidently hit the link and it brought me to a list of bank and not the Fido page. Be careful it's a scam 

@UniqueEm 

Thanks for sharing this. This is a scam and it's not from Fido. To avoid those, I invite you to report those here.

Jinqx

No business or corporate entity for government send you an SMS text rewarding you. Or asking you for money. They will always contact you through your account on their website or mobile. If whoever is contacting you does not provide a link that starts with www.itsname.com/ whatever it is a party phishing. That's when a party contacts you to try and get your information or more information about you. These are especially prevalent from Canada Revenue Agency. If you click these links whether or not you give them more information or not you are confirming who you are and what your cell phone number contact is and they will build from there. Never ever click a live link from any of your service providers or government agencies. They do not, repeat they do not use SMS text. It's not private. They would be liable for any losses should you pursue this and they in fact had sent this to you. If you are ever ever in doubt? Contact the service provider or government agency directly through email you have previously received from them. Or contact by going to their website and signing into your account. This is a classic example of a Scam, do not fall for it. I know we all would like to receive found money. But if in fact you were entitled to it, those that want to pay it to you will contact you directly through a private and secure method.

Harmit2203

I am not able to claim it. The link doesn't work. Please do something. 

Hello Harmit2203,

It's probably a good thing the link doesn't work anymore. As mentioned, in my post below, the SMS message like the one the OP described is most definitely a SCAM.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

@Harmit2203 what exactly are you not able to claim?

jsauvewong

What I don't understand is how does it know to send me a message after getting a message to confirm my login. This is so sketchy. So many people would not think twice. How does it also know to send my phone a message. That's very weird. 

Trose

I got the meesage below from 437-552-8799. Definitely seems to be a scam. 

FlDO : Happy Holidays! We're sending you a $50.00 (CAD) credit via lNTERAC e-Transfer as a Christmas gift. Please see : http://fido50xmas.co

Hello @Trose 

This is defnitely a scam text. I invite you to report those to the Canadian Anti-Spam center. 

This will protect your number from receiving those types of messages.

Iqspics

Got the same text from 1250-521-0240

Noperks

I received the same from area code 204. It had to be spam. When have you received a gift from Fido. Honestly!!!

BR14

I just received the following message from +19027600644:

Fido Solutions:
Hello! Wishing you joyful holidays! As a valued IoyaI customer, enjoy a $50 (CAD) gift to express our gratitude. Embrace the spirit of the season with laughter and love. Claim your gift here:
https://secure-fidosolutions.com/

Data rates may appIy.

looks like fraud! 

BK-D
  • This is a copy the text sent (copy/paste) tonight 
  •  
  • Fido Solution: Salutations! To a joyful Christmas season! We would like to give you a gift card worth $175 (CAD) as a thank you for your business. See rewards-fido1solutions.com

VJAllison

I just got the same thing from another number - 1-672-335-9101. It looks legit until you see the world "loyal". It's done with two capital "I" instead of a lower case L. I can easily see it because of the font I use on my phone. 

I decided to do a check to be sure it was a scam, and I was right. Thanks for starting this thread, hopefully others check before clicking on the link they attach to the text. 

Blocking that number!!

Koala390

It's very likely a scam.  I got this one today from this number: +1 (263) 288-1805

FlDO MESSAGE!

Happy New Year! Your continuous support truIy means a Iot to us! As a speciaI gesture,induIge in the deIight of this $50 gift to express our gratitude for your IoyaIty. You're an essentiaI part of our network famiIy.
Get hoId of it here:
rewardsfido.com

Data Rates may appIy.

---------------

The made-up site, plus the excessive use of exclamation marks and the basic punctuation and grammar errors make this one look like a scam as well though the area code appears to be from within Canada.

Hey everyone, 

These messages are definitely not from Fido so be sure to forward the message to 7726 (SPAM) and avoid clicking on the link. You can then safely delete the message.

As a general rule, all your charges and credits will be available on your Fido invoice. This can be accessed on Fido.ca at all times, and we will never send you a suspicious link to click on.

You can find more information on scam text messages here: https://fido.ly/37QPQt4

Hope this clarifies, and let us know if you have any questions.

Slaid99

99.9999999% a scam. I got same text from 1-819-432-4983.
Phishing for your log-in information when you go to do the e-transfer as far as I can see. Fido has always done their offers via the account page,
The domains used in this phishing scam have all been registered on December 23, 2023... (2 days ago)

Let your friends know if they are prone to these.

Hello Sunz and Slaid99,

Slaid99 would be correct. That message is most definitely a SCAM and/or SPAM. Thanks for flagging it! As mentioned here, you can also forward these messages to 7726 (SPAM). Once audited, it will be used to augment the SPAM filter (see here). Unfortunately, as fast as these messages get blocked by the SPAM filter, the spammers/scammers find new ways to bypass the filter.

I understand forwarding those messages does not include phone number. However, it is unlikely the owner of the phone number is sending the messages. The scammers/spammers often use spoofed phone numbers when sending those messages and making SCAM and/or SPAM calls (see here).

A couple of tell-tale signs the the message is SPAM. Firstly, Fido won't send etransfers via email or text message link. Fido will automatically credit your account.

In addition, if Fido does send legitimate SMS, it will come from one of their short codes, not a phone number. As far as I am aware, many of their promotions come from 4745 or 4735 (see here and here). Admittedly, since spoofing is so wide-spread, it's possible the spammers/scammers could eventually learn to spoof those codes as well.

Another sign is Fido's recent adoption of the a URL shortening service. I believe it's Bit.ly (see here). As far as I am aware, the links would be for the Fido.ca domain

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers