cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Up Home Phone Voicemail

Gma1
I'm a participant level 2

New to fido landline. How do I set up and retrieve voicemail. I have recieved important messages but have no idea how to listen to them

6 REPLIES 6

malina

New to Fido home phone. Was never asked to set up an access code or personal greeting. When I press 1, it asks me directly for my access code. I was able to enter a "new" access code through "My Account," but the system does not recognize it when I try to check messages. Also, I see no way of entering/changing a personal greeting. This thread looks very old, so I hope someone can help.

Hey @malina! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

Have you consulted the post here for assistance?

Let us know if that helps!

malina

Hi, I did try that, but when I press 1, it asks me directly for my access code "Who's calling please. Please enter your access code." It does not prompt me to create a new access code or greeting. I was able to create a "new" access code through "My Account," but the system does not recognize it.

Hey @malina

We'd need to have a look into your account for further troubleshooting. 

You can find different ways to reach out to us here. Smiley 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Gma1

First time set-up

On your phone, press and hold the "1" key for a few seconds.

The first time you access your Voice Messaging service you'll be prompted to create:

• Your own personal access code
  • A personal greeting and a recording of your name.
Listening to your voice messages
  • On your phone, press and hold the “1” key for a few seconds.
  • You'll then be prompted to enter your access code.
  • Follow the instructions.

You can also get the full details here.

Gma1

Thank you so much. 2 doctors offices called with very important dates and I only found out when I called them back to find out why no one called. I will do that today. Never had voicemail before only the old fashion answering machines. Time to catch up with new things.